Saturday, December 10, 2011

Adele: 'No new album for next couple of years'

Adele is named No1 artist of 2011 but says fans will have to wait for follow up to best-selling album 21.


The album 21, by the singer Adele, has become the biggest-selling album of the century


Adele has revealed that fans may have to wait for two or three years for her next album.
In an interview with Billboard - who declared her the No. 1 artist of 2011 - the London-born singer said she was in no rush to release a follow-up to21, the best-selling album of the year, which sold 4.8 million copies.

Adele, who is 23, has been recovering from throat surgery and she toldBillboard via an email interview: "I'm really looking forward to some time to do nothing. I imagine I'll be 25 or 26 by the time my next record comes out, as I haven't even thought about my third record yet. I'm just gonna lay some concrete, set up home and just 'be' for a bit. I'll disappear and come back with a record when it's good enough. There will be no new music until it's good enough and until I'm ready."

The singer said she has not even begun writing songs for the next album.

No comments:

Post a Comment